As you browse the industry, we think you’ll find few firms with as much experience and expertise in code consultation as FFPA. Through years of association and consultation with national, state and local building and fire code officials, our professional staff’s working knowledge of the fire and life safety codes gives us the background and experience to recommend effective solutions. These solutions prevent issues that might cause installation changes, add costs, or delay completion dates for your project.
During its years of experience working in test lab auditing, our staff has also conducted investigations of hundreds of alarm companies throughout Florida. This provides us with a uniquely enhanced capability to screen and oversee fire safety contractors and indentify the ones who meet the standards of excellence you deserve.
In addition, FFPA’s history of superior service and reputation for excellence has afforded us the opportunity to develop long–standing professional relationships of trust with local code enforcing authorities.
FFPA was founded by President Nick Scolaro, a certified Florida Fire Safety Inspector, NRTL Fire Protection Inspector, NICET Fire Systems Level IV, and Electrical Alarm Contractor with over 25 years of experience in the field of fire protection systems and one of a select few professionals in the country with these combined credentials. Mr. Scolaro is well known amongst the fire protection community and is frequently called upon by fire officials, litigation firms and fire protection contractors for guidance and clarification of code compliance issues. He is a Certified Lightning Protection Inspector. He has conducted classroom and field training classes for Underwriters Laboratories & Electrical Testing Laboratories (Intertek) and State of Florida Fire Authorities throughout Florida on the proper methods for installing, servicing and testing fire protection systems for over 15 years.
For more information regarding the extensive qualifications Nick Scolaro brings to FFPA, you can read his Curriculum Vitae or take a look at the following highlights for an overview:
- State of Florida Electrical Contractors License (EF)
- State of Florida Municipal Firesafety Inspector Certification issued by the Division of the State Fire Marshal
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level IV in Fire Protection Engineering Technology for Fire Alarm Systems
- Past member of the NICET Fire Alarm Technical Committee
- Current member of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Florida FIre Marshals Association (FFMIA) and the Fire Marshal’s Association of Palm Beach County
- The only individual in the U.S. contracted in the category of Life Safety – Alarm and Signaling services by both Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as a Senior Alarm Auditor 2000 – 2006 and through Electrical Testing Laboratories (ETL) as their Senior Alarm Auditor / Technical Leader (2008 to present)
- Two years as part-time adjunct instructor at the State of Florida Fire College in Ocala (conducting classes on Fire Alarms for Fire Protection II Firesafety Inspector certification class)
- Fire Protection Specialist/Plan Reviewer/Inspector for the City of Delray Beach Fire Department (2006 -2008)